For our client, international off-shore EPC contractor (marine works for oil & gas infrastructure) we are looking for General Manager / Kazakhstan office.
It must be an engineer (civil or mechanical), who started his career working in the construction of oil and gas infrastructures and/or marine works, but who has also progressed since then in business development and in general managerial roles.
- Technical Expertise / Work Experience: He needs to be an engineer with marine and dredging experience. This means that he needs to be a “construction guy”, who has worked in a construction company / contractor that builds oil and gas infrastructures and/or marine works, such as oil pipelines, oil platforms/terminals, power plants, ports, jetties, breakwaters, in-flow and outfall channels, etc. He may have held roles either as a Project Manager or as a Construction Manager. Kindly note that experience in companies that a) only do the project management and high-level supervision of the construction work in oil and projects or b) test, operate and maintain the oil infrastructures and facilities are NOT suitable for the role.
- Business Development Experience: He needs to have exposure in identifying clients / tenders and pursuing them successfully in order to develop the company’s business.
- Start-up Experience: He needs to show experience in starting business units from scratch (NOT starting up project sites).
- Personality: He needs to be a confident person with strong interpersonal skills and with presence and impact on others. He also needs to be resilient.
- Language: Russian and English need to be fluent.
- Age: from 45 to 60 years old.